Saturday, March 26, 2005

Ah yes...flagday...

The day when you seem to have some kind of dark aura around you, one which makes people take a detour (sometimes a huge one) to avoid you, or to simply ignore your mere existance in this world.

Selling flags is never fun. Standing rooted to a spot for a few hours, while putting a fake smile on your face, approaching people and hoping that they will drop some kind of coins is boring.

But hey, I need the hours, so I ain't complaining.

But then..selling flags..?

Kinda a waste of time, I say. Some people just head back home, or merely do like an hour or so, before heading off for a movie. I can't say I'm not guilty, but at least I did stand there for three out of the five hours. When I went back to return the bag, I can see that some of them really didn't do shit. A little shake is all that is needed to see how many coins there are inside. When the aunty took my bag, she complimented me, saying "this boy has been working hard"

Working hard?

Nah. It just requires timing, and some skill. Stake out a good sniper nest, then approach people. It's just that simple. If you are going to stand near someone, then decide to just wait for some poor idiot to come to you, you ain't going to get anything.

But still, selling flags is pretty much a waste of time. Community involvement? Don't make me laugh....

Pretty sad for me, yeah? =D

But then, some people just want to make you shout at them or something. If you don't want to donate, a simple sign and I will back off. Some just ignore your existance, or wait for some sacrificial sheep to donate, before running past me or something.

Bah.

At least 5 hours are in the bag. I lost track of how many hours I managed to obtain...

Who cares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home